The following article is definitive proof that right-wing, conservative men and women live ‘somewhere else’ and are not responsible for liberal progressive problems. Stop blaming us.
- Donald Trump won 49.9% of the popular vote, 304 electoral votes, and 85% of American communities. (Think 12 districts of ‘The Hunger Games’)
- Hillary Clinton won 50.1% of the popular vote, 227 electoral votes, and 15% of American communities. (Think Capital of ‘The Hunger Games’)
- This article uses the data from the Uniform Crime Reports from 47 states and Washington D.C.
- Broward County, Florida overwhelmingly voted for Hillary Clinton.
The Accepted Paradigm:
The current narrative of modern American journalism and American society is conservative, right-wing, white males are primarily responsible for social violence. We are the owners of the assault style rifles, we are the militias, we are the NRA. Right wing, white men are responsible for the suppression of women, blacks, undocumented aliens, and commit the majority of mass shootings. The liberal progressive movement needs to resist our antiquated, repressive social mores, and fight for a more tolerant, diverse, loving, and safe society. It is time to rise up and fight the power! Thank God for the NEA, the molders of young minds!
The New Internet Counter-claim:
Following the 2016 Presidential Election, some clever internet wonks compared a recent map of the worst places in America for violent crime and murder, to those jurisdictions that supported Hillary Clinton. Any 4th grade student could look at the two maps and surmise that liberal progressives are much more violent and murderous than right-wing conservatives. Any adult can look out the window to see May-Day protesters, Antifa protesters, Black Lives Matter protesters and the Occupy movement throwing bricks through windows, assaulting police officers and lighting cars on fire, and shrug. Duh! Of course libs are violent. What police officer would want to serve and protect these d-bags? Lefty entertainers are mean spirited, and lefty journalists are quite callous with those they dislike. So what, exactly, is the shock that Hillary’s supporters have a higher propensity for crime than conservative Americans?
In Steps Snopes.com, THE FACT CHECKER:
Snopes is our internet lie detector. Amid accusations of left-leaning bias, Snopes received a double thumbs-up from factcheck.org for accuracy in 2009 and again in 2018. Snopes put Chicago based Dan “I will set it right” Evon on the case. Dan, a seasoned researcher and community organizer as well as myth debunker, opened his laptop and did not rest until the facts of the matter were laid bare for America. Were American liberal progressives really the source of much of America’s social violence and murders? Or was this just another vast right-wing conspiracy out to discredit the Clintons? Dan would dig up the truth, no matter. Minutes went by as he furiously queried Google Home, SIRI and ALEXA. His furrowed brow glistened with sweat. He took a swig of orange soda… a second bite of his gluten-free, vegan PBJ. He felt the new claim simply had to be wrong. Liberals smoke lots of pot. They are peace-loving. They are not a bunch of drunk Irishmen brawling in the Boston streets at 2AM! And, Shazam, the answer revealed itself to Dan Evon in prophetic form…
Then Chicago Dan rated the maps and the claim that lib-progs create violence in society as FALSE!
Snopes and Dan Evon are simply another outlet of FAKE NEWS:
Call it the arrogance of the lazy. I found the maps compelling and obvious. It was a ‘no shit, Sherlock’ moment. When Snopes, THE FACT CHECKER, came down against the maps, I was floored, so I spent the last several months combing through every state’s Uniform Crime Report and collated nearly 20,000 data points (it was really tedious) comparing per capita violent crimes, per capita murders, and voter outcomes of nearly 3,000 counties, parishes, independent cities and districts. The results made me laugh for nearly ten minutes.
The 2016 Presidential Election cleanly divided America into a red half and a blue half.
American states are divided into over three thousand unique communities with their own unique socioeconomic identities. For example, while the rest of America sees the state of Oregon as a reliable liberal progressive state, once you leave Portland, the rest of the state is fairly conservative. Lots of farming, hunting, fishing and guns. Portland may make the liberal laws and elect the liberal politicians, but most of Oregon is some shade of red. Every state is like this… a complex society filled with diverse communities. If we treat each community as an individual personality, we can start to assess the effectiveness of each community in reducing violence in their local culture, and possibly apply those lessons to American cultures that are failing… like Dan Evon’s home city of Chicago.
For many years the Federal Government has requested all states to complete a Uniform Crime Report for the FBI so that crime trends can be studied. These reports are supposed to be a public resource. Some states, like Texas, do a stellar job, some states, like Mississippi and North Carolina, do such a poor job the data is useless, and some states, like Colorado, make you work for it. For the most part, I used 2016 data, but a few states were a year behind and I had to use their 2015 reports. Alaska, due to its remote location and dispersed population, is treated as a single data point rather than trying to break into several communities.
In the end, I broke down over 2900 communities in 47 states plus Washington D.C. For each community, I tabulated it as either RED, or BLUE, % votes for Trump, % votes for Clinton, overall violence rate per 100,000 in population, total murders, murder rate per 100,000, average murders per community classification, and compared those numbers to America’s overall per capita rates.
Here are the results:
- The 438 communities that supported Hillary Clinton victimized themselves to the tune of 10,390 murders and a violent crime rate of 373.8 per 100,000 in population.
- The 2,483 communities that supported Donald Trump had only 5,146 murders and a violent crime rate of 219.4 per 100,000 in population.
- The 694,000 citizens of Washington D.C., America’s most liberal community, has 139 murders in 2016.
- The most conservative 76 counties in America, spread over 15 states, representing about 554,000 of America’s most conservative citizens, had only 20 murders in 2016.
- The median murder rate for U.S. counties is 0 (yes, zero). Over half of American counties, simply did not have a single homicide in 2016. Baltimore’s murder rate is 54 per 100,000.
- The median for total murders per county for U.S. counties is also 0. Los Angeles had 622.
- The median violent crime rate in the U.S. is approximately 203 per 100,000 in population. St. Louis, MO is 1703 per 100,000.
- The median violent crime rate in counties that supported Trump is 181 per 100,000.
- The median violent crime rate in counties that supported Clinton is 322 per 100,000.
- The Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooter, Nik Cruz, is a product of progressive thinkers.
Sorry, Mr. Evon, you just laid an egg. I. D. 10. T. What other FACTS have you been FAKING?
But Why Are Liberal Do-gooders Prone to Violence?
Maybe it is a lack faith in a higher authority. Maybe it is a belief that the end justifies the means. Maybe it is a lack of respect for law enforcement and the rule of law in general. Maybe it is a belief that entitlements and income redistribution will save the world. Maybe it is their cultural inability to judge right from wrong, good from bad, and sick from healthy. Maybe it is their permissive attitudes tolerating, even teaching, bad behavior. I can only guess what the defining philosophical traits will be in the end. Someone else can open that can of worms.